Dean Keo Chhea
Mr. Keo Chhea, a Cambodian national, is retired Government official who has been educated in India and Australia and has vast experiences both in government service as well as in inter-governmental organization service. Over the years has attended numerous meetings, seminars and workshops both track I and track II, and has made many contributions to both Cambodia and ASEAN as a whole.
- B.A. in English Literatures and Linguistics, School of Languages, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, May 1985;
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Law, Indian Institute of International Law, New Delhi, 1994;
- M.A. in Foreign Affairs and Trade, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, May 2000;
- He has also attended many short courses abroad including research on ASEAN and its opportunities at ISEAS, Singapore, 1997 and the Executive Course on Transnational Security (TSC-11), 2011 at the Asia Pacific Centre for Security Study (APCSS), Hawii.
- Desk Officer for Mass Communication Department, MFA, Cambodia1985-1989;
- Head of Visa section, Consular and Legal Affairs Department, MFA, Cambodia1989-1991;
- Personal Assistant to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cambodia,1991-1992;
- First Secretary of the Embassy of Cambodia to India,1992-94;
- Charge d’Affaires a.i. of the Royal Embassy of Cambodia to India, 1994-95;
- Deputy Director for Security Cooperation, ASEAN Department, MFA.IC, Cambodia, 1996 -99;
- Counselor to the Royal Embassy of Cambodia to Brunei Darussalam, 2000 – 2002;
- Deputy Director-General of ASEAN Cambodia, General Department of ASEAN, MFA.IC, Cambodia, 2002 – Sept. 2003;
- Head of Specialized Program Division (handling ASEAN transnational Security Cooperation), the ASEAN Secretariat, Sept 2003 – Dec 2008;
- Head of External Relations Division (handling ASEAN Dialogue Partners’ cooperation), 2009 – Nov 2016.
- Krishna Menon Gold Medal for achieving highest score in International Law, 1994, Indian Institute of International Law;
- National Silver Medal, Officer, 1998;
- National Gold Medal, Officer, 2003.